Thursday, May 20, 2010

Waiting, waiting, waiting.




Only 3 days until our due date! Baby doc said I was at 3 cm yesterday and she said she doesn't think we'll make it past the due date. She stripped my membranes, which is supposed to help get things going but I haven't felt any difference. I had some cramping after getting home from the doctor but no contractions, not even back pain.

I've tried lots of the old wive's tales and suggestions from people. Walking (20-30 mins a night), spicy food, popcorn, fruit. I'm going to keep walking but I'm just going to wait patiently from now on. The body will do what it wants to do...I just need to sit back and let it.

Today could be my last day of work. If nothing happens my Monday and I still feel fine, I'm going to go in to save some vacation time. At this point, I still feel fine working. Driving is what worries me, I don't want to get stuck out in the boonies somewhere with no cell coverage. Today will be the last day I have driving to do. If I make it to Monday, I'll just be in the office, which will be fine.

Speaking of work, we've been doing lots of house work. Tomorrow, Kyle and I both have off work so we are going to give the house another good cleaning in preparation. We painted and moved around the study, which is now Kyle's creative outlet space, "ArtistOne Studios". He's getting everything together quite nicely. Now he just needs to make enough money doing it to stay home from work and be Mr. Mom for Charlee. :) Oh, here's a picture of "mama" painting days before her due date:

No comments:

Post a Comment